Monday, March 2, 2015

Welcome to Spring 2015 Students!

Hello to my new Sophomore Level B students (and any students from last semester who might still be around!) I'm happy to be back!

Here is how to use this blog for the class!:
1. Read the entry or watch the video in the entry.
2. Look at the bottom of the entry for the questions. You can answer this question or just make any comment you have!
3. Log in to gmail and comment. (It's a good idea to copy [control C] your comment before hitting "publish" because sometimes the comment doesn't go through the first time). 
4. I will write back to your comments!
5. Three comments=1 homework point!

For the first entry this year, I'd like to share a video with you about English-learning goals! I study German and French every day, and I set goals for myself. For example: My French goal for last year was to finish all the lessons on the website duolingo.com (I achieved it!) This year I want to finish reading "Harry Potter" in French and I want to complete all the English homework I give you in class in French. Watch this video to think more about learning goals. Click CC for subtitles in English:


What do you think? Do you have an English-learning goal? (For example: I want to get an A on my final essay; I want to get a 7 on TOEIC Speaking; I want to write 10 letters to a friend abroad).

Do you think having a learning goal is important? Share your goals or your thoughts below! 

5 comments:

  1. I think it is essential for learning english. I learned a lot through this video! This is my learning goal; I want to reach a A level after this semester; I want to read at least one book a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad someone made a goal! I think those goals are achievable for you! Do you have any goals for your study in Sacramento? Anything you would like to learn before you go? Anything you would like to learn or experience while you are there?

      Delete
  2. I'm going to visit Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, California and travel to the U.S. on spring vacation in there. I'm going to do a homestay. If I go there, I can experience daily life in English-speaking environments and practice the language, I think.(and I hope so). I want to say what I like and kick the habit that I'm nervous or tense when I speak english. I'll learn storyboard and graphic techniques for anmation in the U.S. and Korea. I'm planing to learn storyboard this spring vacation in Seoul before I go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are really good goals! I hope you will have a good homestay experience and stay with a welcoming family. It's so important! I definitely think you will be able to become less nervous by living daily life in the U.S. Don't be discouraged if you have trouble at first. You will learn more and more very quickly! I recommend joining some clubs while you are in school there. I know you're going to do great! If you want me to give you an e-mail for my Aunt who lives nearby, let me know. She's a really cool person.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your interest and efforts to help me. Your words were a great encouragement to me! Thanks again for your interest :)

      Delete