Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Introducing my Husband

In this entry I'm going to introduce my husband three times. The first time is the same as you saw in class and in our Google Drive folder. The next two paragraphs, however, will use different topic sentences, organizational styles and will contain some different information. Notice that you can write an introduction different ways! Notice some methods I use to organize information (first, second, also). Notice that some information changes and other information stays the same in each paragraph!

Lee and I went to Kyoto in September, 2011. This is Arashiyama, where you can see a monkey park!

EXAMPLE 1: My Husband, Lee Gumienny

My husband, Lee Gumienny, is a very kind and interesting person. He is 39 years old, and he's originally from New Jersey in the United States. Like me, he's an English professor at Dongguk. He really likes teaching, and he teaches Sophomore Level B and Freshman Level A. Lee also has two major hobbies. First, he loves photography. He takes black and white photographs with a film camera. He usually does street photography, which is taking unposed pictures of people on the street. He's a very good photographer. He has won a few prizes for his work, and he has shown his pictures in small galleries. Lee also really likes listening to music. He particularly likes jazz, hip-hop, and electronic music, but he listens to all kinds of music. Lee has a wonderful personality. He is very kind, he's a good friend, and he's really good with animals. My cat loves Lee more than she loves me these days! I'm very lucky to have Lee as a husband!


My cranky cat, Lucy, loves Lee the best!

EXAMPLE 2: Introducing Lee Gumienny

Lee Gumienny is a kind person with many interests. Lee is my husband. We live together in Seonggeong-dong in Gyeongju and we both teach English at Dongguk University. He is a very kind husband. He often cooks for me or helps with household chores. He always listens sympathetically when I have a problem. He is very affectionate. He is also very kind to our cat, who is very cranky. I trust Lee completely. Lee is also very good to talk to because he has many interests. His main interest is photography. He does street photography with a film camera. He's also very interested in music, books and movies. He particularly likes science fiction movies and book and jazz, hip-hop and electronic music. He often introduces me to new music that I haven't heard before. These are not Lee's only interests, however. He is interested in a wide variety of topics like spirituality, current events and politics and cooking. I'm really happy that I found such a kind and interesting husband.


Lee took this self-portrait in the elevator of our old apartment building in the Seomyeon neighborhood of Busan.  

EXAMPLE 2: Lee Gumienny: Great Photographer, Great Teacher

My husband, Lee Gumienny, is a great photographer and teacher. First, he's a great photographer. He takes mainly black and white photos using a film camera. Unlike many photographers these days, Lee doesn't change his photos much with Photoshop or other programs. Lee does street photography*, which is photography of real people on the street, not models. When he goes out to take pictures, he must pay careful attention to the people around him and be ready to snap an interesting photo. Lee studies photography books and other photographers' work on the internet to learn new techniques and to find inspiration. Because of his dedication, he has won several prizes for his photography. Photography isn't his job, however. He is also a great teacher. He cares a lot about his students. He spends a lot of time preparing for his classes. He also spends a lot of time helping his students in the office outside of class. Lee's students often tell me that he is friendly and funny. I'm really proud of Lee.

*You can see Lee's pictures at http://www.leegumienny.com/

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT! Do you have any questions about writing? About my husband, Lee? Feel free to write any comments or questions below! Remember to log in with your gmail account and/or tell your class time and name!

10 comments:

  1. What a a harmonious family!
    You and Mr. Lee look very happy ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you! We are very happy together!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Jennifer.
    You guys seem to be happy!
    I am glad to see on FB, that is you are going to go EU region in vacation, right?!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am so happy with Lee! Yes, our plan is to go to Europe this summer (France and Germany). It will be the first time in Europe for both of us!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw pictures in the blog and there are totally awesome!!! I discovered the black and white photo's charm. :) Has he learned how to take pictures??

      Delete
    2. I think he took some classes a long time ago, but he learned a lot about taking photos just from practicing and from reading about and looking at the pictures of famous photographers. He has so many photography books! Do you enjoy taking pictures?

      Delete
    3. I prefer seeing photos or illustrations more than taking pictures. Actually I wasn't interested in black and white photos but thanks to his photos, I know how much they're charming. Now I'm interested in black and white photo as well as colour photo. :)

      Delete
  4. WOW~~~ beautiful couple ♥
    Your husband is very handsome like Jason Mraz !!
    You look very very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha! I never thought that he looked like Jason Mraz before, but, yes, he is very handsome to me. Most importantly, he is very kind :)

      Delete