Wednesday, March 18, 2015

MOVIE CHOICES PART 4: The Comedies!

This semester, you will write an essay about a movie character. You can choose from many different movies. On the blog this week, I will post videos and pictures from some of these movies. See what you think! If you have any questions, ask in the comments!

“Yes Man” (2008) – Carl (comedy)       

Jim Carrey is both funny and inspiring in this hilarious comedy about a man who learns to say "yes" to everything. I have watched this movie at least 10 times, and I always love it. 


“Groundhog Day” (1993) – Phil Connors (comedy)   

This is one of the most famous and funniest comedies from America, and Bill Murray is one of the best comedians/actors there is. This is also a really unique story, about a man who has to live the same day over and over and over again... What would you do if you couldn't move ahead in time? 



“About a Boy” (2002) – Will Freeman (comedy)               

Hugh Grant stars in this touching British comedy about a selfish man who learns to care about other people. I always feel happy when I watch this movie, because the characters are so realistic and the story is very beautiful. 



“The Internship” (2013) Nick Campbell (comedy)

In this comedy, two older guys take an internship at Google. I watch this movie a lot when I just want to relax, because it's not too serious. If you are getting interested in using Google Drive you might also find this movie interesting. The real Google campus was used in many scenes, and the founder of Google even makes a cameo appearance. "Cameo appearance" means that he doesn't do much acting, he just walks through or says one thing. 


“Freaky Friday” (2003) Tess Coleman or Anna Coleman (comedy)

What would happen if you had to live your mother's life? In this movie a mother and a daughter switch bodies and have to figure out how to get back to their own life. For this movie, you can choose to write about either character - the mother or the daughter.


                                                           

“The Princess Diaries” (2001) – Mia Thermopolis (comedy) [first movie only]

Many people know this movie, the first big starring role for Anne Hathaway.This movie has a little fashion, a little romance, and is good for people who would like to be a princess or a queen. 



“Accepted” (2006) Bartleby Gaines (comedy)

Everyone in our class qualified for university - but what if you didn't? Bartleby Gaines has to find a way to keep his parents from finding out that he didn't get into school. What he does ends up being much more impressive than just going to school. If you like to watch movies about crazy ideas and university life, check this out!



What do you think? Do you have any questions about these movies? If you do, please comment below! Also, check out the other blog entries about dramas, romance movies and other movie possibilities!


9 comments:

  1. I like yes man, and accepted. I saw this movies very fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I like both of these. I also like the other comedies, however, especially "Groundhog Day"! Do you have any favorite Korean comedies? I would like to see more Korean movies. Can you recommend one?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to see a Yes Man. Jim Carrey is very funny !!! Good actor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like any other Jim Carrey movies? My favorite Jim Carrey movies are "Yes Man" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." I also really like "The Cable Guy", but most people in America didn't like that one. They thought Jim Carrey was too crazy in it.

      Delete
  4. “Freaky Friday” is a funny story and happsady.
    When daughter is the mother, daughter Wins Freedom of anything.
    So she has a great time, maybe she and her mother recover original state late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the daughter has a lot of freedom, which is fun! However, I don't think she wants to marry her mother's fiancee! :) Do you think it would be fun to trade places with your father or mother?

      Delete
  5. I've seen yes man before. If I After watching it again, I should've saying like Yes! Yes!
    Actually I like Jim Carrey, he is having a very good play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Jim Carrey a lot too. Have you seen the drama "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"? It's a much different movie, but I think it shows his best acting. Also, if you start saying "yes" to everything, maybe I will ask you to give many speeches in class ;) (Just kidding!)

      Delete