Wednesday, March 18, 2015

MOVIE CHOICES PART 5: Animation, Musicals and Fantasy

This semester, you will write an essay about a movie character. You can choose from many different movies. On the blog this week, I will post videos and pictures from some of these movies. See what you think! If you have any questions, ask in the comments!


 “Up” (2009) – Carl Fredericksen (animation, adventure) LOUNGE     

The first scene of this excellent animated movie (watch the clip below)  always makes me cry. Always! Every. Single. Time. The rest of the movie is equally touching. If you love animation or sentimental movies, I highly recommend "Up." 



“Hook” (1991) – Peter Banning (fantasy, adventure)           

This fantasy and adventure movie follows a real-life Peter Pan who grew up and forgot who he was. This movie is directed by Steven Spielberg and stars some of America's best actors - Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman, and Julia Roberts, as well as the famous British actress Maggie Smith. 



“Big Hero 6” (2014) Hiro Hamada (animation, adventure)

I haven't seen this one yet, but my husband wrote this description: "This computer-animated adventure story takes place in the imaginary city of San Frantokyo (San Francisco + Tokyo).  A 14 year-old boy genius invents technology to solve a mystery, but he needs the help of a funny healthcare robot named Baymax and his friends." Recommended if you love animation!


“Annie” (2014) Will Stacks (musical)

If you enjoy musicals or you dream of becoming suddenly rich, you might enjoy this movie. It's a remake of an old musical, updated with new music styles, and a very good performance by Quvenzhané Wallis as Annie. 


What do you think? Do you have any questions about these movies? If you do, please comment below! Also, check out the other blog entries about dramas, romance movies and comedies! 

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Have you seen those movies already? I like them too. Do you usually like animation? Can you recommend other good animation movies to me?

      Delete
    2. I've seen already! I want to watch an anmation. And I recommend you Wall-E. If you want to watch the others not anmation, I suggest The Dark Knight Rises(2012)

      Delete
    3. I've seen those! Yes, they are good! I actually usually don't watch animation. I think my favorite animation is probably "Beauty and the Beast" from Disney. It's not very cool or original to like that movie these days, but I love the music in that movie.

      Delete
    4. If you like music, I recommend a music in anmation.
      It is Aladdin - A Whole New World even though You have known it.
      This music is good!

      Delete
    5. Yes, I like "Aladdin" too! My favorite song from that movie is "One Step Ahead" because it's fast-paced.

      Delete
  2. I've seen those adventure movies but "Annie" is not seen yet. The interesting thing is that the movie is musical! When I have free time, I'll see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the original "Annie' from the 1980s a little better - mainly because the Miss Hannigan character was much better. She was played by a comedian named Carole Burnett. Also it was set in the 1930s which is the original setting - The Great Depression. That one is on Youtube for free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaBUHUH1G0A&list=PLDEA71BB26246C744 I think the remake is good, though, and the young actress is very good in the new movie.

      Delete
  3. Oh. Thank you. I didn't see this useful information before searching. I am sad T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to put useful things on the blog every week, so keep checking! :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Big hero6. I like hero movies. For example, Avengers,Ironman,Spiderman etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like hero movies too. My favorite hero movie recently was "Captain America: Winter Soldier" - How about you? Do you have one hero movie that is your favorite?

      Delete
  6. I saw "Up". I was impressed with Carl. Because he is very devoted to his wife and achieves the dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Carl is a great character too. I think it's particularly inspiring that he changes his life even though he's very old.

      Delete