Monday, November 17, 2014

Korean Students Writing About Places!

I was on Facebook when I came across this website where students and other people are writing about Korea in English to help visitors enjoy Korean cities. Here is a section that someone prepared about Busan at night! There are many different themes you can look at!

http://www.trazy.com/theme/busan_night
http://www.trazy.com/theme/category



If you notice, you can see that the writers are using many of the things we have learned in class, such as command verbs and superlatives. They are telling about interesting things to do in the city, as you will do in your presentation!

After class is finished, you won't have a required English class anymore. However, if writing, travel or English are interests of yours, consider joining a site like this and sharing what you know about Korea or the world! You have the skills now to increase visitors' knowledge of your country and to share what is great about Korea!

Trip Advisor is another great site for learning about attractions, restaurants and hotels around the world, and you can also join and write a review of Korean attractions or of attractions and facilities around the world which you have visited! By giving your advice, you can help other people to have a great vacation!

How about you? Do you know of any interesting websites where you can share travel information? Have you ever written a review on-line? When you take a trip, how do you usually learn about the best attractions, hotels and restaurants in town?

17 comments:

  1. I'm thinking our ad. Their ad is really good! 'The night better than the day in Busan!". haha How about this? ' Enjoy your vacation with magnificent strucutres' .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very attractive that I can see a lot of night views of Busan in countless ways. I agree finding native's travel advice is a good way to prepare our vacations. When I traveled around Gyengju alone, I was helped by taxi drivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll keep writing after this class! Your information about Suwon was very interesting to me!

      Delete
  3. I usually search the internet and reading travel books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I like to read Rick Steves' travel books about Europe! I'm really excited about this website for Korea, though. The next time I travel in Korea, I'm going to check their advice!

      Delete
  4. I travel Busan with my friends. I asked friends who live in Busan about attractions and foods, before we travel Busan. But if I don't have any friends to ask, I can ask native.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the internet is so amazing, because now we can ask strangers for advice too by reading their comments on this site and other sites!

      Delete
    2. I think too.Internet is so useful. Also, Thanks to your blog, I read and found many imformation. I can know other people's think.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I see a advertisement about delicious hamburger in subway, So I go to this hamburger restaurant. This advertisement is strong to attract customer. I think advertisement in ppt is powerful. These Busan advertisement is too powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An advertisement that tells you true information and useful facts is even better! Some advertisements lie a little, but I think the people on this website want to help people with true information!

      Delete
  6. Advertisement section in our presentation is more interesting than other parts.
    I will try to make my advertisement more interesting after seaching more information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy making the advertisement. I wanted students to have a chance to try something new!

      Delete
  7. I usually contact travel agency to reserve hotel room and to search best attraction. The travel agency is a one-stop shop for all your travel needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel agents can be really good - but sometimes if you don't need to book a ticket, I think the internet is more useful! :)

      Delete
  8. I usually like to go a must-stop for lunch if i'm in the area. So, i know any interesting a must-stop application. it's smart phone application. you can find travel a must- stop information "MangoPlate".

    2013211203 Yun Hyewon
    Mon.3Pm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I traveled Busan with my girlfriend. I went to the Dongbaek park and Haeundae. If I had known this blog, I have saw many attractions. Unfortunately I don't know.

    ReplyDelete