Friday, November 14, 2014

Advertisement Examples

This week you should prepare a script for your advertisement with your presentation partner(s). The advertisement should use superlative and comparative adjectives and command verbs. It should tell about the most fun, exciting and beautiful things the city you are presenting on has to offer! You may or may not use a theme. Here are some example ads I've written about Gyeongju to help you out! Each one uses a different slogan/theme. Later you will add pictures during your presentation, so keep that in mind too!

Gyeongju: A Great Date City!



Come to Gyeongju for a romantic weekend! Enjoy a quiet stroll through the peaceful tomb parks. Sip coffee together at one of downtown's unique cafes. Ride a tandem bike to Baru and enjoy the healthiest meal in town! Bomun Lake is even better for couples! Steer a swan boat together in one of Korea's prettiest resort areas. Walk around the lake holding hands. Take pictures together in front of the cherry trees. Enjoy a romantic meal by the lake! At night, return downtown for the night views. Don't miss the lights of Anapji! Marvel at Cheomseongdae, the oldest standing observatory in East Asia. Then, spend the night in one of Gyeongju's convenient hotels, or return home on a convenient KTX train from Singyeongju!


Gyeongju: Fun for the Whole Family




Gyeongju is a fun city for people of all ages! Enjoy active family fun at Bomun Lake! Enjoy the most exciting ride in town on an ATV! Take a bike ride around the lake! Go to Gyeongju World for exciting rollercoasters or fun-filled children's rides. View Bomun from above from Gyeongju World's ferris wheel. For a quieter time, have fun at the Teddy Bear Museum or experience Korea's history at Silla Millenium Park. Sit down with the whole family for a relaxing meal in one of Bomun's many restaurants. Downtown has even more exciting Silla Dynasty sites. Learn about history in Gyeongu's National Museum. Experience the life of royalty, strolling around Anapji. Check out Cheomseongdae - the oldest surviving observatory in East Asia. Then fly kites together in the nearby fields. After a long day, relax and have a snack in Gyeongju's modern downtown.


Beautiful, Natural Gyeongju:




Full of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Gyeongju is one of the most beautiful cities in Korea. Spend an early morning at Bulguksa and Seokguram Grotto. Experience the peace of nature in a pristine forested landscape. Hike Namsan and hear the birds sing in the trees! Visit the Dongguk University campus to see beautiful nesting water birds in their natural habitat! Some of the best natural views are right downtown! Stroll through the historic Gyerim Forest! Enjoy a restful time at the tomb parks! Experience the most gorgeous night views at Anapji and the nearby lotus ponds. Before leaving town, don't miss the beautiful, traditional performances at the Silla Millenium Park and the view of the sunset at Bomun Lake! Gyeongju truly is "Beautiful Gyeongju."

18 comments:

  1. I reference about this advertisement example. This advertisement has 3 topics.
    Dividing advertisement into many topics are helpful to make advertisement. Sentence "don't miss" is useful about advertisement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, very good! Yes, "don't miss" is a very common expression in English!

      Delete
  2. This advertisement example are very helpful to me, because I can't think easily comparative adjectives. But now, I can use "better" comparative adjective like this advertisement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy to hear that it was helpful!

      Delete
  3. Gyeongju is tourist attraction!! I went to Bomun park. I had too fun to lose my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean you "lost track of time"? Forgot what time it was? I agree, Gyeongju is a good tourist attraction. What is your favorite place to visit in the Bomun area?

      Delete
  4. Oh... I didn't know about bulkuksa and seokguram is on UNESCO ! WOW
    I recomend you another place 'Gyeongju cafe street'. It is nearby Chumsungdea. I will attatch blog about cafe street !!
    http://blog.naver.com/orzrccrgoo?Redirect=Log&logNo=220026059861

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I have been to some of those cafes - especially Mario Del Monaco! What is your favorite coffee shop near there? Also - your picture has a really cute dog! It must be your dog! How old is your dog?

      Delete
    2. It's good information!! thank you!!

      Delete
    3. Yes! he is my dog. His name is 'BangBang'. He always running in my house all day T_T..... He is crazy dog.kkkk.
      Jenifer.... I miss you and always think about you!!!!
      You are the best teacher in my Dongguk life !!!!!

      Delete
    4. Ah~~~~~ He is five years old!

      Delete
    5. Lim Hyungsub! I'm sorry I didn't reply to your comment earlier! I became very busy after our semester with the TOEIC Speaking camp and I kept forgetting to come back here. However, your kind comment here really made me feel happy! Thank you for that! You were such a dedicated, thoughtful student! If you ever need help with something or want to say hi, please feel free to visit the office! I hope you have a great spring semester! Nice dog, also! I wish I could meet your dog!

      Delete
  5. I can make advertisement with my presentation better refering to this advertisement examples.
    Your blog archives are always very helpful to me. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your advertisement examples are very useful to me. I'll check out your site for more information.Thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is beautiful Gyeongju!! I hope to go Gyeongju World!! It seems to enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This advertisement is interesting. I went to the Gyeongju Sex Culture Museum with my girlfriend. The place is very interesting!!!!!! I recommend to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete