Sunday, August 31, 2014

Welcome!

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Sophomore Level B blog! I'm Jennifer! I'm pleased to have the chance to teach Sophomore B again this semester. My students last semester were so ambitious, creative and friendly.  Here's a bit about me and how to use this blog!

This is me with my husband, Lee Gumienny, at Haeundae Beach. He also teaches at Dongguk!

ABOUT ME:

 I've taught at Dongguk for almost 3 years. I'm from the United States (Portland, Oregon and Wisconsin). I love cats, theater, writing, singing, reading and movies. I'm a strict vegetarian, but I love food and eating out. I really like teaching. If you ever need help, I am always happy to help you!

ABOUT THIS BLOG: 

I will update the blog at least once a week, sometimes more. I will post all the example essays here. I will also post videos, articles, and discussion topics from time to time. You can ask questions here if you need help with something. You can also earn points for making comments on the blog. 3 good comments (at least one sentence, preferably longer)=1 point. You can earn up to 15 homework points. Make sure that you are signed in with gmail when you make your comments and include your student number so I can find you easily!

YOUR OWN BLOG: 

You can also earn extra credit points by making your own blog. It's very easy once you have a gmail account. Having a blog is a great way to share your work. You can also use it to show employers and schools your English ability. Finally, it's a great way to reach people around the world and tell them about your life and interests. My personal blog: http://jensroadtoeurope.blogspot.kr/ has readers in the U.S., Korea, Germany, Poland, Canada, Turkey, Vietnam, Japan and several other countries. It's a very cool feeling to know that strangers in other countries are reading what you write!

COMMENT ON THIS ENTRY: 

If you like, comment on this entry and tell me a bit about yourself! What are your interests and hobbies? Where are you from? What is your major? What do you want to learn this semester?

Alright! Welcome to Sophomore Level B and welcome to the blog! See you soon!

11 comments:

  1. Hi! my name is mi-jung Gong. My major is science of public administration.
    I want to be a public official.
    I want to become familiar with you. but I'm so shy when I speak english.
    I try speak to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think becoming a public official is a great goal! I hope that everyone will become less shy as time goes by, but I understand feeling shy. Please know that I am always happy to speak with my students and that you don't have to use perfect English with me. The important thing is to try and to practice! If you ever want to meet at the office to chat, that is okay too!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Hello I thinks making a blog is so difficult, but I will try.
    Also, this semester looks like adventure. HAHA
    I will do BEST! BYEBYE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kim Sang Jo! If you need help to make a blog, I can show you the basics. Actually, it's not too hard. I'm not very good with computers, but I did it easily. Let me know if you want help! I hope this semester is a good adventure! We will be learning a lot. I will pay attention to all my students, though, and make sure that it's not too hard. I want everyone to have fun, too, while learning English.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! my name is Lee seung hwan. My major is business management.
    I want to learn presentation skills in this semester.
    I hope we can be good friends.

    calss time: Mon 3~5 PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Lee Seung Hwan! I'm happy to have you in class again! I'm excited that we're studying presentation skills. I think they are very useful for everyone's future, and it's a good way to use our writing! I already feel very friendly towards you and my students from last semester! It was always fun to meet all of you in class!

      Delete
  5. hello ~ my name is Lee jun su. I'm glad to meet you. I'm happy because this semester due to my English ability little bit improvement. Now i'm interest about studying english. I have been quite happy to do that, and I still would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jun Su! I think you have a good ability, and I hope you will continue to work on English in the future! It's good to speak a second language (or even 3 languages!) Do you speak any other languages like Chinese or Japanese? I study German, French, and Spanish. I should study Korean more. I can understand that English is hard for my students, because Korean is harder for me than European languages!

      Delete
  6. HH You husband is very handsome!!
    look is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my name is Seong woo jeong. I'm Dongguk university student. I like reading a book and playing soccer!!! I'm glad to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete