Wednesday, September 16, 2015

CHOOSING A CITY: The Midwest of the United States (near my hometown!)

I grew up in the Midwestern part of the United States, so these next two cities, Chicago and Milwaukee, are two of my favorites. I really hope someone will choose them to write/present on! The Midwest is a very friendly area of the U.S. - a great place to study abroad. Below I will post some useful videos and information about Chicago and Milwaukee, to help you make your topic decision!

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

Chicago is actually the third largest city in the U.S., after New York and Los Angeles, so there's a lot to see and do in Chicago. Check out the video below for a fast view of some of the sites:


Chicago is also home to many sports teams. If you're a sports fan, watch the beginning of this longer video to see the local teams in action!


Chicago also has one of the most respected art museums in the world - The Art Institute of Chicago. You can see many great works of art from all time periods there. Here's a video from a very popular American movie ("Ferris Bueller's Day Off") showing a visit to the museum:



MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN

I really love Milwaukee. I was born there in 1977 and I grew up visiting Milwaukee's museums, festivals, restaurants, theaters, and Miller Park, the baseball stadium. If someone chooses Milwaukee, I will be so excited to read about a Korean perspective of my home city!

One of the greatest things about Milwaukee is its many festivals. When I was a teenager and in my early 20s I always went to Summerfest, a huge music festival. Here's a news clip, and a clip from a Bruno Mars performance.



Milwaukee also has many other festivals during the year, including the Indian Summer Festival, where you can experience a Native American pow-wow.


Milwaukee is a beautiful medium-sized U.S. city with a great waterfront, delicious food, and lots to do and see.

Image result for milwaukee waterfront

I hope you enjoyed this brief introduction to the Midwest, my home area. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below! Happy choosing!

No comments:

Post a Comment